- 2 1/2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup of low sodium, plain, chicken broth (most dogs are allergic to onions and garlic).
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (make sure there is nothing in the peanut butter that your doggie can't eat).
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Get a baking pan good and greasy so the doggie treats don't stick.
- In a big bowl, mix the oatmeal, plain chicken broth, eggs, and flour. It should be chunky and goopy, but thick enough to mold into an o shape.
- One by one, mold them all into samoa shapes and put on the greasy dish. Keep in mind how big your dog's mouth is, and make the treats small enough that they won't choke.Our doggie is big, so we made his treat the same size as real samoas, but if your dog is small, you might want to make them smaller.
- Cook them for 20-30 minutes. They should be golden brown, and crispy, but not burnt.
- Take them out and let them cool.
- Heat up the peanut butter for about 30 seconds. This should make it good and runny. Put it in a ziplock bag and mix in the cornstarch (cornstarch help the be able to stack later without ruining your hard work).
- Close the bag, and carefully snip of a teensy, weensy bit of the corner so it's a bit like a piping bag.
- Drizzle on the peanut butter over wax paper or the baking sheet.
- Let the cool even more until the peanut butter has set.
- Transfer to an airtight container for safer keeping and let your doggie enjoy.
This is our doggie, Sugar, enjoying the yummy treats.
If you want to get creative and make your doggie some treats, here is a link to the contest that I am participating in.
Please copy and paste this link in your browser to vote for me! http://www.girlscoutsww.org/recipecontest